REMARKS BY THE PERMANENT SECETARY, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING, MAHMUD MAMMAN AT THE 12TH MEETING OF THE NATIONAL COUNCIL ON LANDS, HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT HOLDING AT UMARU MUSA YAR’ADUA CONFERENCE CENTRE, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE FROM MONDAY 13TH TO FRIDAY, 17TH NOVEMBER,2023.
I am pleased to welcome you to the 12th meeting of the National Council on Lands, Housing And Urban Development holding at Kaduna, Kaduna State.
2. As you are aware, the theme of this year’s National Council Meeting is “Harnessing Local and International Credit Scheme as a panacea for Housing Infrastructure Development under the Renewed Hope Mantra”. The theme is apt and timely, considering the Renewed Hope Agenda and drive toward addressing housing deficit and maximizing available opportunities in ensuring that a greater number of Nigerians have a place to call a home. As a collective resolve to address this perennial challenge in Housing infrastructure development, exploring both Local and International prospects is inevitable.
3. In order to ensure that housing challenges are addressed, it has become necessary for all the crucial stakeholders to consider and provide contemprorary policies that will support the exploration and assessment of Local and International funds.
4. It is quite instructive that the theme was carefully chosen to ensure that both Local and International Credit are assessed to complement direct Government effort in providing Housing for Nigerians.
5. The Meeting is significant as it will afford us the desired opportunity to identify some of the challenges in assessing Local and International credits for Housing Infrastructure and discuss strategies towards addressing them. We are required to look at the best ways to explore and assess funds needed for massive deployment of housing infrastructure so as to galvanize national growth and sustainable Development Goals which focuses on restoring economic growth, mass housing, investing in our people and creating a people friendly economy. The achievement of these objectives largely lies on the availability of affordable and sustainable Housing across the country.
6. Distinguished delegates and officials, the timing of this meeting, therefore, is very significant as it provides a variable platform for us heads of Bureaucracy in our various States to think through and make necessary provisions for Housing in our various Budgets for the year 2024 and beyond as well as developing frameworks for harnessing Local and International funds for mass and affordable Housing which will impact positively on Nigerians and the economy.
7. On this note, I once again, welcome you all to this 12th Meeting of the National Council on Lands, Housing and Urban Develeopment and wish you fruitful deliberations.
8. Thank you.
MINISTER OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT, ARC. AHMED MUSA DANGIWA DURING THE 20TH EDITION OF THE MORTGAGE BANKING CEOS ANNUAL RETREAT AT THE TRANSCORP HILTON HOTEL IN ABUJA ON SATURDAY 2ND DECEMBER 2023
Minister of Housing and Urban Development, Arc. Ahmed Musa Dangiwa during the 20th edition of the Mortgage Banking CEOs Annual Retreat at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel in Abuja on Saturday 2nd December 2023
HONOURABLE MINISTER OF WORKS, SEN. ENGR. NWEZE DAVID UMAHI WITH GOVERNOR OF KOGI STATE, YAHAYA BELLO AND THE NEWLY ELECTED GOVERNOR OF THE STATE AHMED USMAN ODODO DURING A VISIT IN HIS OFFICE AT THE MINISTRY'S HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA ON THURSDAY, 30TH NOVEMBER 2023.
Honourable Minister of Works, Sen. Engr. Nweze David Umahi with Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello and the newly elected Governor of the State Ahmed Usman Ododo during a visit in his office at the Ministry's Headquarters, Abuja on Thursday, 30th November 2023.