SPEECH BY THE DIRECTOR, PLANNING, RESEARCH AND STATISTICS, FEDERAL MINSTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING, MR. KOLAPO RAHEEM, AT THE TECHNICAL SESSION OF THE 12TH MEETING OF THE NATIONAL COUNCIL ON LANDS, HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT, HELD AT UMARU MUSA YAR’DUA CONFERENCE CENTRE, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE FROM MONDAY, 13TH TO FRIDAY, 17TH NOVEMBER, 2023
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the 12th Meeting of the National Council on Lands, Housing and Urban Development holding in Kaduna, Kaduna State with the theme, “Harnessing Local and International Credit Scheme as a Panacea for Housing Infrastructure Development under the Renewed Hope Mantra.”
2. The theme of this year’s Meeting, no doubt was chosen in consideration of the dire need to galvanize domestic and foreign fund towards meeting the nation’s Housing challenges and enhancement of the country’s overall economic growth and development.
3. As you are aware, the Council Meeting commences with a 2- day Technical Session of the Directors, Heads of Agencies and Professional Bodies in the built industry, where memoranda submitted by stakeholders are summarized for consideration by the Permanent Secretaries on the 3rd day being 15th November, 2023. The Permanent Secretaries’ summations are thereafter presented to the main Council at its meeting on Thursday, 16th November, 2023 for final consideration and approval.
4. Distinguished delegates and officials, in the spirit of the present Administration’s Renewed Hope Agenda on all sectors of the economy, an in particular the Housing and Urban Development sub sectors, I urge you to explicate your professionalism in the course of deliberations to guide policy formulation that will facilitate affordable housing delivery for all.
5. Finally, I wish to express my appreciations to the Governor of Kaduna State, His Excellency, Senator Uba Sani for the support of Kaduna State Government, the Honourable Minister of Housing and Urban Development, Architect Ahmed Musa Dangiwa, Honourable Minister of State for Housing, Engr. Abdullahi T. Gwarzo, Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, Alh. M. Mamman, for providing the enabling environment for the success of this meeting. I also express my gratitude to all Directors, Kaduna State Local Organising Committee and the entire Staff of the Ministry whose collective efforts have made this meeting possible.
6. Once again, I welcome you all and wish you fruitful deliberations.
7. Thank you.
MINISTER DIRECTS CONTRACTORS TO GO BACK TO SITE, SETS TIME FRAME FOR PROJECTS DELIVERY
Hon. Minister of Works, H.E Sen. Engr. Nweze David Umahi CON with Contractors
HANDOVER CEREMONY OF THE NEW PERMANENT SECRETARY, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT, DR. MARCUS O. OGUNBIYI, OUTGOING PERMANENT SECRETARY, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING, MAHMUDA MAMMAN AND THE NEW PERMANENT SECRETARY, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS, YAKUBU A. KOFARMATA AT THE MINISTRY’S HEADQUARTER ON THE 12TH OF JANUARY, 2024
Handover ceremony of the new Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, Dr. Marcus O. Ogunbiyi, outgoing Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, Mahmuda Mamman and the new Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Works, Yakubu A. Kofarmata at the Ministry’s Headquarter on the 12th of January, 2024